Native American Stories Relevant to Enhanced Lessons
Native American Stories (audio files in mp3 format) (Tribe/Location Time)
- Blue-Jay and Bear (Chehalis, Western WA) 5.32 mins
- Beaver and Mouse (Tulalip, Western WA) 3.38 mins
- Changer and Dog Salmon (All tribes, Western WA) 2.27 mins
- The Coming of Slahal (All tribes, Western WA) 6.01mins
- Coyote and Bear (All tribes, Eastern WA) 2.33 mins
- Father Ocean (All tribes, Western WA) 1.17 mins
- The Gossiping Clam (Puget Sound, Western WA) 3.28 mins
- i-i-esh (Yakima, Eastern WA) 7.15 mins
- The Huckleberry Medicine (Puget Sound, Western WA) 3.00 mins
- Columbia River Story (All tribes, Eastern WA) 7.48 mins
- Coyote's Deal with the Wind (Spokane. Eastern WA) 1.52 mins
- How Fire Came to Earth (All tribes, Eastern WA) 5.11 mins
Please note the audio files above can be saved to your computer for later use. Use your mouse to "right click" on any link above and select "Save Target As" or "Save Link As". You can then choose the location to save the mp3 file on your computer.
- Roger Fernandes Story Video - This video provides an overview of Native American perspective on stories and their role in Native American culture.