Nine Washington State LASER Alliances are generously supported by Washington’s Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction. The LASER Alliances provide training, guidance, and technical support to districts that are considering participation in LASER, as well as to districts that are already in various stages of implementing the program. Each alliance comprises members from a myriad of educational and scientific institutions (e.g., school districts, ESDs, and universities).
The nine Alliances are:
- Mountain to Harbor, alliance region coincides with the boundaries of ESD 113, Olympia.
- North Central, a collaboration of school districts and North Central ESD, Wenatchee.
- Northeast, NEWSERC (North East Washington Science Education Resource Center) is housed at ESD 101 in Spokane.
- North Sound, coordinated through the Center for Inquiry Science at the Institute for Systems Biology, Seattle.
- Northwest, based in NWESD, Anacortes.
- South Central, coordinated through ESD 105 and the Yakima School District.
- Southeast, involving the districts in southeast Washington lead by the Kennewick School District.
- South Sound, a collaboration of Pierce County School Districts and Puget Sound ESD.
- Southwest, coordinated through ESD 112 in Vancouver.