The Strategic Planning Institute took place for 11 consecutive years from June 1999 to June 2009. During these 11 years, over 200 school districts, serving more than 80 percent of the state’s students, sent leadership teams to the LASER Strategic Planning Institutes. What follows is an overview of the Institute from 2009.
Strategic Planning Institute
The Washington State LASER Strategic Planning Institute is a six-day program of interactive sessions, during which leadership teams from each participating district will develop a shared vision of effective science learning and teaching, learn the components of an effective infrastructure needed to support a research-based science program, and develop a strategic plan for improving instruction in science in their district!
Leadership teams will:
Based on the work of the National Science Resources Center (NSRC), the Institute will help prepare school district leaders to implement research-based science programs and to bring about systemic reform of science education.
- What reform model is used?
- Who should be on a district's leadership team?
- Where is the event located and how much does it cost?
- What is the schedule of events?
- Comments from previous Institute participants
- Strategic Planning Institute Scrapbook
- Presentation archive 2009