Science Champions: Science Education Advocate Award
Nomination and Submission Process
The Nomination period for 2012-2013 is closed. Recipients of this year's awards will be posted soon.
Washington State LASER is pleased to announce the seventh annual Science
Champions: Science Education Advocacy Awards for individuals, organizations,
and/or project teams.
1. Head Nominator: View the checklist and tips for the head nominator. Complete the Science Champions: Science Education Advocate Awards Nomination Form and if you choose, one of the letters of recommendation.*
- You may click here to open the online form or
- You may download a form in PDF format -or- WORD format, that you can print, fill out, and mail.
2. Secure two additional Letters of Recommendation, if you are writing a letter, three if you are not, from individuals who are familiar with the nominees' science advocacy efforts.*
4. Head Nominator: Ensure that all paperwork (nomination form, personal statement, and all 3 nomination Letters of Recommendation) is submitted to Science Champions: Science Education Advocate Awards no later than January 28, 2013. (See below for sending options.)
*Please note: Pacific Science Center
Board members and LASER
members (or the organizations they represent) may not be nominees for
the current year’s Science Education Advocate awards. They also may not be a nominator but may help support the nomination of an individual, organization and/or project team.
Use one of the methods listed below:
1. Email the nomination materials to: AdvocateAwards@pacsci.org.
Please include the nominee's name in the subject head of all emails.
2. Fax nomination materials to 206.443.6600, attn: Washington State LASER.
3. Mail nomination materials to:
Science Champions: SEA Awards
Washington State LASER
200 Second Avenue North
Seattle, Washington 98109
Washington State LASER encourages the use of the rights-enabled Adobe Acrobat PDF forms. These forms allow Adobe Acrobat Reader users to fill in the form fields, save their changes, and submit completed documents.
Click here to download the latest free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader.