Science Champions: Science Education Advocate Awards
Washington State LASER, with support from The Boeing Company, announces the
eighth annual Science Champions: Science Education Advocate Awards.
The nomination period is currently open. Nominations for the 2013-2014 award are due on Monday, January 27, 2014.
The awards will be presented to up to five individuals, organizations, and/or project teams, who have exhibited outstanding advocacy for science education in the state of Washington by promoting the importance of science education among the general public and/or the education system. This includes, but is not limited to, promoting the importance of science education among the general public, seeking out and engaging new and diverse participants and/or investors in science education, enabling and influencing others to act in the interests of science education and/or its reform, and making enhancements to science education by efforts at local, regional and/or state level in Washington.
The intent of the Science Champions: Science Education Advocate Awards is to recognize and raise public awareness of advocacy across the broadest possible spectrum of science education efforts. Efforts at all levels of science education - including early learner, K-12, vocational, undergraduate, graduate, adult, and informal/public science education - are eligible for consideration.
Eligible contributions may be made at local, regional, or state levels within Washington. Nationally based science education advocates must have effected discernable enhancements specifically within Washington State to be eligible for the award.
- For more details about the nature of the Science Champions: Science Education Advocate Awards, click here.
- For more details about the nomination process, and for links to nomination materials, click here.
- For details about the selection process for Science Education Advocate Awards recipients, click here.
- For dates, times, and locations of awards ceremonies, click here
- For information about previous Science Education Advocate Awards recipients, select year:
2012-13, 2011-12, 2010-11, 2009-10, 2008-09, 2007-08, 2006-07.